Here you will find some examples of past projects. Click on the titles to see examples or scroll down for a selection of writing samples.
Issue: Two powerhouses in the parking industry - Standard Parking and Central Parking - announced a merger, bringing together two very different companies over a 12-month period. Once the functional processes and IT systems were finalized, the challenge became educating and engaging employees on those processes.
Solution: A comprehensive communications strategy was put into place, targeting all levels of management by geographic groups. The company's intranet was utilized as the central resource center. Policies, weekly checklists, videos, contact sheets, discussion boards, message matrices and other media were utilized to address foreseeable issues. We created a comprehensive plan, ensuring it was adopted and executed by all levels of management. Employees felt well-informed and experienced few issues throughout the process.
Issue: SP+ resulted from the merger of Standard Parking Corporation and Central Parking System in 2014. The company wanted a fresh and lively look, symbolizing the company's new growth and direction. Its employees needed to understand what it meant to have a new brand, the thought process behind it, and how to use it effectively.
Solution: We utilized the company's intranet, SPin, to build a multi-faceted, digital branding guide. The guide provides a detailed and consistent message to the employee population, from any device with Internet access. Easily accessible and easily understood, we obtained a unified brand message representing the company's new ideas.
Issue: The UPMC Health System, spanning 13 hospitals across southwestern Pennsylvania, suffered from severe nursing shortages, decreased recruitment and retention, and decreased employee engagement. The staff experienced a lack of respect from their patients, doctors, administrators, and even from their coworkers.
Solution: The Nursing Annual Report was initiated as a part of an overarching communications strategy by the UPMC executive leadership. The report made current UPMC nurses feel recognized and valuable. It demonstrated the achievements – both academic and voluntary – of the well-qualified team. Nurse recruiters also utilized the document to help hire new staff from across the country.
Additional Writing Samples
- Brochure - SP+ Facilities Maintenance - Downloadable brochure on the spplus.com website
- Brochure - SP+ GAMEDAY - Downloadable brochure on the spplus.com website
- SP+ Open Enrollment Guide - Comprehensive benefits open enrollment guide for salaried employees.
- SP+ Code of Business Conduct - Code of Conduct launched in 2014 (collaborative effort between the company's communications, human resources, training and legal teams)
- Crisis Communication Plan - Comprehensive crisis plan for a client
- Up to Speed (example 1) - an internal, bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Communication Audit Case Study - Award-winning communications case study outlining the initial Standard Parking Communication Audit